“Dashavatara”: The ten reincarnations of God Vishnu
- Matsya, the fish that kills Damanaka to save the vedas and saves mankind.
- Kurma, the turtle that helps the Devas and Asuras churn the ocean for the nectar of immortality.
- Varaha, the boar that rescues the Earth and kills Hiranyaksha.
- Narasimha, the one (half-Lion half- human) who defeats the demon Hiranyakashapu (Nara = man, simha = lion).
- Vamana. the dwarf that grows into a giant to save the world from King Bali.
- Parashurama, A Sage, Rama with the axe, who appeared in the Treta Yuga.
- Rama, Sri Ramachandra, the prince and king of Ayodhya and killed Demon King Raavana.
- Krishna (meaning ‘dark coloured’ or ‘all attractive’ or the Existence of Bliss,), appeared in the Dwapara Yuga along with his brother
- Kalki (“Eternity”, or “timeless”, destroyer of time or “The Destroyer of foulness”), who is expected to appear at the end of Kali Yuga, the time period in which we currently exist.
18 notes (via byronic-dreams)